Monday, June 6, 2011

Prudence

On June 1st, I decided to start reading Proverbs, since it has enough chapters for each day of the month.  If you do not know where to start reading in the Bible, Proverbs is a great place to start.  Even if you read all of Proverbs month after month, you will still learn something new from each chapter.  I do have to say, though, that since I had a busy week last week, I have not kept up with my reading.  I need to make it my mission that I read the Bible daily this summer, because we can all get caught up in other things that we forget what the most important item on our to-do list should be each day.

Anyways, when I read Proverbs 1 on June 1st, the side note really spoke to me.  It says, "Proverbs 1:1-4 teaches us that wisdom is full of prudence.  Prudence means "good management."  Prudent people do not operate in extremes.  They are balanced and conduct themselves wisely.  I encourage you to be prudent in every situation."

Do you ever find yourself unbalanced?  I know that I do from time-to-time, and sometimes it takes a while to get back into balance.

Let's all make an effort to be prudent everyday.  Make it your prayer to ask God to help you in this area, if this is something that you need to work on. 

A good prayer to pray would be "God, I pray that you will help me to be wise.  Help me to hear and increase in learning, to acquire skill, and to attain to sound counsel so that I may steer my course rightly."