Tuesday, June 28, 2011

You Gotta Have Faith

Below is something that I needed to read.  I have learned that when we are in the midst of trials, "complete" faith in God is what will get us through it.

"But I have prayed especially for you, that your faith may not fail, and when you yourself have turned again, strengthen and establish your brethren." - Luke 22:32

"Christian, take good care of thy faith, for recollect that faith is the only means whereby thou canst obtain blessings.  Prayer cannot draw down answers from God's throne except it be the earnst prayer of the man who believes.  Faith is the telegraphic wire which links earth to Heaven, on which God's messages of love fly so fast that before we call He answers, and while we are yet speaking he hears us.  But if that telegraphic wire of faith be snapped, how can we obtain the promise?  Faith links me with the Divinity.  Faith clothes me with the power of Jehovah.  Faith insures every attribute of God in my defense.  It helps me defy the hosts of hell.  It makes me march triumphant over the necks of my enemies.  But without faith how can I receive anything from the Lord?"
- Spurgeon

"Faith honors God; God honors faith."

If you lack faith, pray and ask God to help you in this area.