Sunday, July 31, 2011

Let God Be Your Guide

One thing that I have learned in the past few years is that I need to let go and let God.  I need Him to control what I do, instead of myself.  It is human nature to be selfish and do what you want.  But there is always a price to pay when you make yourself number one and Him second.  When He is in control there is no room for error.  However, when He is not present in our lives, mistakes are prevalent.

In church today, the Pastor referred to a verse that explains what I am talking about.  The verse was "I do not understand what I do.  For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do." - Romans 7:15 -- the word "do" is used a lot in that verse.  Take a step of faith and do what God wants you to do, and do not let your flesh convince you otherwise.