Tuesday, July 19, 2011

An Undivided Heart

The verse of the day is...
“...The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart”
(1 Samuel 16:7, NIV)
Think about this...  What does God see when He looks at your heart?  Are you pretending to be someone you are not?  There are only two people who know your thoughts, attitudes and motives--you and God.  Some people put on a facade of how they want people to see them, but on the inside they feel completely opposite--remember, we can fool others, but not God  Let's all make it a point to be honest and true on the inside and outside.
It is easy for me to post topics on living by God's standards, but it is another thing to actually apply the topics to my own life.  I want the Godly principles I am discussing about to be a direct reflection of my own life.  And I also want to make sure my heart is in alignment with His each and every day.  To achieve this, it takes complete devotion to Him.
Make it a note to ask yourself questions such as, "Am I at peace?," "Am I being completely open and honest with God?," and "Do I see others as God sees them?"
Make this prayer your prayer each day...  "Dear Father, I humbly come before You today and ask that You search the deep places of my heart. Show me if there is any area where I need to line up my heart and actions. Help me to be authentic in You today. In Jesus’ Name. Amen."
Ask Him to give you an undivided heart.  And always pray that your heart and actions line up with His.