Saturday, May 7, 2011

Encourage Persecuted Christians

In a previous post, I talked about how I signed up for a free magazine by The Voice of the Martyrs--in case you do not know what The Voice of the Martyrs is, please visit http://www.persecution.com/.

In church a few months or so ago, the Pastor had told us about how we can pick up a packet on the table in the foyer to write and send a letter of encouragement to a Christian who is being persecuted in another country.  So, I picked up two letters--one for me and one for my husband--we both signed our names to each letter, and I mailed it to the designated Christian in prison.  It made me feel so good to know that I could bless someone--many miles away--who is putting their life on the line for Him!

With that said, please visit http://www.prisoneralert.com/, and click on "Write an encouraging letter" to show your love and support.  When you type your letter to the Christian prisoner, there is a tool on the Web site designed to translate what you write in the prisoner's native tongue.

So, bring a smile :) to someone's face, and make their day!  We all know how good it feels to get a nice letter from someone.  Think of how an encouraging letter might make someone feel who might be in a dark prison!  Be a light!