Monday, May 23, 2011

Give of Your Time

Do you have a desire to give of your time to the good of others?  Well, I do.  And even though I am not able to give as much time as I would like to certain causes--this is due to the fact that we have an almost 3 year-old daughter that I have to tend to--I still have a burning desire.

An example of how I am giving of my time is that for a week in June this summer I am helping out with our church's Vacation Bible School.  I am looking forward to investing about two hours of my time for five days to little children, some who may come from a broken home, who may not know Christ, etc.

Life should be all about being a servant to others.  I have a verse posted by our computer that says what I am trying to say in a nutshell, which is "Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain." - 1 Corinthians 15:58

Two things to think about...
1.  How much do you have that you are not giving back?
2.  Do you have a heartache for the lost, and desire to share the hope you have?

If both are applicable to you, then please get out there and give of your time.  Because in the grand scheme of things, you will never get back the time you lost only making life about you, and no one wants regrets looking back at their life in retrospect. 

I needed God to convict me a few years ago with regard to being selfish.  So, ask God to give you the desire to take the focus off yourself, and put your energy to helping others.